In the early years of the 20th century, a few dedicated Christian Scientists gathered in a Southampton home to hold Christian Science services. These services in turn formed the Christian Science Society of Southampton, which was incorporated on July 22, 1925. In the same year, the present church on the corner of Cameron and Pine Streets, Southampton, was purchased. In 1929, construction of the church began. The building was completed in January 1930.
Upon application of the Society for incorporation as a Branch Church, the Directors of The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, Boston, Massachusetts, acknowledged First Church of Southampton as a Branch Church on June 1, 1930. The church was dedicated and incorporated on August 6, 1930.
By 1968, the church’s membership and attendance had grown to the point that two Sunday service were necessary in the summer and the church undertook a program of expansion. The seating capacity was nearly doubled, the Sunday School was enlarged, and a nursery for pre-Sunday School pupils was added.